Become a Volunteer.
Join the dynamic volunteer team who make the CSJR a success. You must be able to speak French as our services are offered in French only for now.
Your help is priceless and we would be delighted to count you among us! Friendliness and efficiency are guaranteed!
Let us know your interest by filling out the form (in French only).
- Event planning: The CSJR puts together many events throughout the year such as for the Restorative Justice Week, Victims and Survivors of Crime Week, etc. Join our event planning committee.
- Counselling, Mediation and Coordination: our Victim-Offender Encounters are organized throughout the year. Our volunteer facilitators ― recruited on the basis of their calm and positive behaviour ― are competent in group coordination, counselling, helping progressions, criminology or victimology. We are not currently recruiting for this position.
- Training: If your area of professional specialization relates to our mission (criminology, psychology, counseling, group dynamics, etc.), you can offer seminars to our facilitators or future facilitators.
- Fundraising: A permanent committee is in charge of finding ways to get funding for the CSJR and of producing grant requests. This allows us to maintain services free of charge and to develop new services. Expertize in this field would be greatly appreciated.
- Promotion: Having a team distributing our pamphlets and posters in a diversity of social environments and institutions is always welcomed.
- Communication: Graphic design, translation, photography, video, etc.
- Studies and Research: A small team builds a resource database for restorative justice through various websites, publications or movies that can be helpful for members and organizers of the CSJR. Some of that information will also be made publicly available via our website and our social media.
- Development of New Services: You can join us in our reflection on how to develop new services in restorative justice. This entails making market studies (needs / existing offers) and developing programs with competent people. Your ideas are wanted.
We are looking forward to working with you!